Raspberry sorbet ingredients
- 1kg Boiron raspberry purée
- 500g caster sugar
- 500ml water
Almond sponge ingredients
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 225g caster sugar
- 225g ground almonds
- 3 free-range eggs
- 1 lemon finely grated zest only
- 50g plain flour
Raspberry base ingredients
- 1.5kg Boiron raspberry purée
- 750g of caster sugar
- 150g of cornflour
- 9 free-range egg whites
- 90g of caster sugar, plus extra for dusting
- Sliced almonds for garnish
To make the sorbet:
- Bring the sugar and water to the boil in a medium size pan over a gentle heat.
- Add the raspberry puree mix well and chill.
- When the mix has cooled down churn in an ice cream churner and set aside in the freezer until you are ready to serve.
(At Darley’s we make an almond sponge, cut into 2 cm square cubes, and put them into the bottom of the ramekin with a splash of amaretto before we top with the souffle mix on top. This is purely optional but gives the dessert a wonderful aroma when cooked and an extra hit of Almond flavour!)
To make the sponge:
Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Mix in the ground almonds, then crack in the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition until smooth and creamy. Fold in the lemon zest and the flour.
- Spread the filling mixture onto a small baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the sponge is set and golden-brown. Allow to cool in the tray before removing.
- Cut into 2 cm cubes
To make the souffle mix itself there are two stages. First you will need to make the raspberry base:
- Dissolve the cornflour in a little cold water to form a smooth paste.
- Bring the purée and sugar to the boil.
- Add the cornflour. Mix and simmer for a few minutes or until the purée does not taste of cornflour. Pass through a sieve and cool.
Secondly you will need to make the meringue mix
- Whisk the egg whites till stiff.
- Gradually adding the sugar during the whisking process.
Now to finish the mix, combine 1/3 of the meringue into the raspberry base, and then fold in another 1/3 followed by the last 1/3 of meringue
Generously line the ramekins twice with butter then coat with a dusting of sugar. Put a few pieces of the almond sponge into the ramekins. Fill the ramekins with the souffle mix using a piping bag and top with a handful of sliced almonds
Bake in a preheated oven at 150ºC/Gas mark 2 for 14 minutes or until risen. Dust the top of the soufflé with icing sugar and serve with a scoop of sorbet
Contacting us at the moment
Our phone lines are temporarily down due to the construction work, so please contact us by email in the meantime: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While you’re waiting…
If you’re missing Darleys, why not try recreating some of our recipes at home? Here’s how to make our: